Sunday 8 November 2009

As we Sit and Gaze...


Whilst on certain explorations with a certain group of Photographers we came across many chairs, some of them in places they wouldn't normally be found - a carpark for instance. I think a chair is a seriously interesting item to photograph because it almost looks as though something is missing (most probably a person to sit on the chair..) and so a photo of just a chair appears quite empty and somewhat lost. I felt these photos worked better in a group than standing alone and they seem to come in 3 pairs; the chairs being taken over by nature around them, the chairs spaced neatly in places they really shouldn't be and the lone wooden chairs left to gather dust.

A friend of a friend is a keen photographer and as I was browsing through his website I came across this photo which caught my eye because it reminded me of these shots. His photo is simply entitled 'Nothing.'
http://samrizzo.daportfolio.com/gallery/184264#8

No comments:

Post a Comment