Wednesday 9 September 2009

And then she got bored with having the same titles so called it 'London'...










I went to London with my family to see 'Oliver!' which provided a great opportunity to take photographs.






I just happened to lean over a bridge and capture this shot, the contrast in colours caught my eye and the child just looked so lost, as if all the other kids at the party had run away. Your eye is lead into the photo by the angle the wall is at and how it meets with the lighter grey shade at a diagonal, the very spot the boy is walking to.


There was alot of street theatre by the Thames which was great to watch but I became quite fascinated with surveying the audiences' reactions and photographing them rather than the actual acts. These children got asked to help out in one of the acts, they had never met before but were so comfortable with holding hands and showed no embarressment which amused me because in a few years time I bet it'll be a different story! I was pleased with how the pictures came out with the foreground in focus, it highlights the main part of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment