Wednesday 9 September 2009

A Wee Trip to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival...

The Fringe Festival was amazing, the atmosphere was incredible, everything was alive and smiling no matter what the time was. I didn't even bother carrying my camera case around because there was just too much to photograph all the time.



An overly tattooed man was sat on a bus by himself. He was on before we got on and stayed on after we left and he didn't look as though he had any intention of moving. He was quite scary looking but so hard not to stare at and wonder about all the stories his body art told. He was slumped on the bus just as his arm was slumped over the chair infront, the many tattoos I thought paralleling with the many cars in the background, all with different places and stories.




I touched the picture up slightly in Photoshop because I couldn't spend lots of time playing with settings on the bus so it was slightly dim and the tattoo colours less visible.






I photographed such a sentimental and personal message, simply scrolled onto the side of a building for anyone to see and wonder about who Adem was. I wondered why this building in the backstreets of Edinburgh was chosen and whether council would be heartless enough to have it cleaned off?




In contrast to this emotive message, this sign in a festival venue was very obviously being disobeyed... I stopped for a while, hoping to get a shot of the man taking a drag but after seeing how little of the cigarette was left and receiving some odd looks from his companion I settled with this shot, quite liking the way he appears to be looking away from the sign with his nose in the air as if to blatently point out there was no way he was going to stop smoking because the sign had said to.









The next few images are ones I took which I like, be it because of what's happening in the picture, the colours, composition or emotions of people captured...





No comments:

Post a Comment